The event took place in the capital city of Volta, Ho at Sky Plus Hotel.
The event witnessed a number of the Region’s entertainment industry players.
The ceremony kicked off with the introduction of new board members.
Ace radio broadcaster Sammy Baah Flex was the special speaking along side public relations specialist Jonilar, broadcaster Bright Ellis, veteran Reggae artiste Bongo-I were also speakers for the day.
In this third edition, “Female Vocalist Of The Year”, “Male Vocalist Of The Year” and “Best Song Witter Of The Year” has been tagged as “Industry Based Categories” in a sense that it will be strictly “Zero Public” vote.
Winners of this three categories will be decided hundred percent by Volta Music Awards board members and consultants.
In all, twenty seven “27” categories are available for interested parties to fill for, the categories are
VMA 2020 CATEGORIES
Artiste of the year
Gospel artiste of the year
Gospel song of the year
Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the year
Reggae/Dancehall Song of the year
Hiplife Artiste of the year
Hiplife Song of the year
Highlife Artiste of the year
Highlife Song of the year
Hiphop Song of the year
Most Popular Song of the year
Best Rapper of the year
Traditional Song of the year
Best Collaboration of the year
Best Music Video of the year
Best Group of the year
Discovery of the year
Online Influencer of the year
Media House of the year
Best Performer of the year
Producer/Sound Engineer of the year
Best DJ/Promoter of the year
Best Entertainment School of the year
Best Entertainment Company of the year
Song Writer of the year
Best Male Vocalist of the year
Best Female Vocalist of the year
Nomination for this year award has been open and one get filled on the Volta Music Award official website. Visit VMA2020 to fill your nomination.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER
A. The Awards is open to all recording companies, Artistes, producers, sound engineers, composers and promoters who are linked to Volta region by birth.
I. Only the works that have been released in the past 12 months (1st December,2018 to 30th November, 2019)
II. After the closing date for entries, a process will be implemented to ensure that all entries are placed in the correct or most appropriate categories (in terms of the rules of the Awards Ceremony below).
1. The Board’s decision is final in relation to any award and no correspondence will be entered in relation to the Boards’ decision.
2. The VMAs board accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any problems resulting from incorrect or incomplete entries.
3. The board shall not be required to provide reasons for any decisions in respect of the competition
4. The VMA reserves the right to cancel modify and amend the competition rules at any time if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances beyond their control arise.
5. A copy of the rules and any amendments will at all times be available on the official website www.voltamusicawards.com
6. By accepting the nominations, to the Volta music Awards, each nominee is deemed to have accepted these rules and rules contained in the VMA website clause 4 above
7. The board shall have the right to disallow entry forms in the following instances;
I. the nominator provided insufficient information to verify the entry
II. no contact is readily available on the entry form
III. the entry does comprise vulgar words
IV. the entrant is not eligible to enter
V. where there has been any noncompliance with the rules whatsoever
8. The board shall have the right to ;
I. Place any entry into the category it deems appropriate
II. rule on the eligibility on any entry
III. withdraw any category any year if VMA determines there is an insufficient number eligible entries in that category and, at the VMA’s discretion
9. By accepting the nomination, the nominee hereby agrees to be bound by the rules and hereby grants EventicGH and Volta Music Awards the rights to do the following;
I. to use each nominee’s photo, name, images, likeness, biography, interview and recorded performances for marketing, advertising, filming, broadcasting and commercial exploitation for the scheme.
II. to use nominee’s sound recordings in synchronization with the broadcast of the vma on television and in promoting, marketing, advertising, filming and broadcasting the Volta Music Awards. The nominee warrant that he or she is under no disability, restriction or prohibition from granting the right as aforesaid to EventicGH and indemnifies EventicGH against any claims which may be brought against EventicGH as well as any harm, loss or damage which may suffer as a result of the nominee failing to adhere to this warranty.
10. Each entrant and nominee, waives any claims whatsoever, arising, which they may have against EventicGH, Volta Music Awards and their sponsors.
11. Each entrant and nominee indemnifies the Sponsors, EventicGH, Volta Music Awards, each licenses against any liability and against any claims which may arise directly or indirectly form any breach of these rules. This indemnity shall survive the completion of the awards.
NB: All forms must be properly filled and submitted online with the provided link on the official website. Songs must be uploaded via the form in MP3 or WAV Format and Videos must come with a YouTube link. All Artistes must add a high resolution professional PHOTO.